Welcome to Victoria’s Sprint Canoe Kayak club located on the Gorge waterway. We offer children and youth the enjoyment of recreational kayaking along with development, competitive and national podium stream programming in our Olympic paddling discipline.
Our coaches are certified through Canada’s National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) in CanoeKids Community, Entry Level Competitive (ELCC) and advanced Competitive Development coaching.
- affordably introduce our paddle sport to children and youth in the community
- provide fun opportunities for increased physical literacy and activities out in nature and on water
- progressive programming and knowledgeable coaching towards skill enhancement
- level-appropriate coaching from recreational to high performance
Chinook Board & Members
We are a members-run club. Our Board is comprised of primarily community parents who volunteer to lead our club. Our performance paddlers include medalists and champions, Team BC, Canada Games, Jr/Sr National Development Team and Jr Worlds athletes.
- effective informed leadership and knowledgeable coaching
- the principles of Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) and Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L)
- the principles of True Sport, mentorship, esprit de corps and volunteerism
- safety and respect for individuals, equipment, and in our communication
- a club culture of integrity and best practices
- camaraderie and a sense of belonging
Chinook provides level-appropriate coaching, sprint canoes, sprint kayaks and paddles, access to multiple paddling disciplines (outrigger, dragon boat, SUP), safety boats and equipment, PFDs, dock facilities, public washrooms, waterfront gym access, and private boat storage when available. Our spring/summer intake is April 1st while fall/winter cross-training and weights for advanced programs begins October 1st of each year.